During the Sephora Spring Sale I decided to splurge a little and try the brand people seem to rave about, Drunk Elephant™. I grabbed The Littles Set™. I had mixed feelings at first because it was pretty expensive ($90) and I thought the products wouldn’t last long but they did. I even have some leftover. I liked the mini set because it’s a great way to try multiple products considering they are a higher end brand. I’ve already tested these products for a week now, I am dedicating my skincare Instagram (@straightupskincare) to Drunk Elephant™ Review Week where I will focus on one product at a time. If you want to get a little ahead, this post is for you. After I review each product on my Instagram I will have a more in-depth review with every product. For now, here are my first thoughts.
The Littles™ set included…
- 30ml- No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
- 8ml- C-Firma™ Day Serum
- 8ml- B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum
- 8ml T.L.C™ Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
- 8ml Virgin Marula Facial Oil
- 15ml Protini™ Polypeptide Cream
- 15ml Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF30
- 5ml C-Tango™ Multivitamin Eye Cream
- 2 AM Routine Cards
- 2 PM Routine Cards
- Waterproof Travel Bag
I have always been so intrigued by their brand and products. The first time I ever really heard of them was when everyone was obsessing over the award winning T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™. Sephora’s sale came around and I knew I had to try some of their products. I dedicated a full week to just using the Drunk Elephant Littles™ samples and the “smoothie” routine cards.
I’ll be honest, the routine cards freaked me out but I did them anyways so I was able to give a full and honest review. The cards recommended to mix some of the reccomended products together and then applying. Here’s what the “smoothie cards” had for a recommended AM and PM routine. Maybe you’ll catch why I was scared.
- “C-Power Protein-Packed Smoothie”: mix 1 pump C-Firma™, 1-2 drops Virgin Marula Facial Oil, 1 pump of Protini™, then, apply the recommended amount of Umbra Sheer™
- “Juice-C Water Smoothie”: mix 1 pump C-Firma™, 1 pump B-Hydra™, then apply the reccomended amount Umbra-Sheer™, then apply, 1 pump C-Tango™
- “Sleeping Beauty Smoothie”: Cleanse using a pea-sized amount of Beste™ No. 9 then, mix 1 pump of T.L.C. Framboos™, 1-2 drops of Virgin Marula Facial Oil, and Protini™ and apply to face
- “Acid-Rain Glow Smoothie”: Cleanse using a pea-sized amount of Beste™ No. 9 then mix 1 pump of T.L.C. Framboos™, 1-2 drop of Virgin Marula Oil, and 1 pump of B-Hydra™.
The morning routines were good. The night routines had me worried for one specific reason. When using anything with glycolic acid, your skin should be completely dry. Glycolic acid and any other stronger direct acids (AHA’s, BHA’s, lactic acid, etc.) can actually penetrate deeper into your skin and give you chemical burns and irritation when your skin is wet or water-based products are involved. So, I was very nervous to be mixing more water-based products with the glycolic acid serum. When I first followed the routines, I didn’t mix the glycolic acid with anything else because I knew it wasn’t a good idea. Then one night I tried it. Really just to see if what I had researched before was right. It was. The next morning, one side of my face was super red and looked like I had gotten a minor chemical burn. It lasted basically all day then went away. So, I personally wouldn’t recommend mixing the Framboos™ with other products. You can layer them, but not physically mix them together and apply at once. Other than that I kept using it and I liked the results. Skincare is all trial and error.
Was it worth it? Yes. Drunk Elephant is a higher-end brand so I think it was worth me trying it considering a lot of my routine consists of similar products by The Ordinary™. You can tell the product is higher quality but they both really get the job done. The product I would most definitely buy a full size of is the T.L.C. Framboos™. Even though I did get a little irritated the one time I used it, I kept using it. The results were amazing and my face is still so smooth. Its pretty expensive but I think it would be worth it. Especially since I won’t need to use it every day. I wish I got the minis of the A-Passioni™, D-Bronzi™, and the Babyfacial™ but these come in duo-sets that are much cheaper! I would definitely work in a few Drunk Elephant products in my routine but I can’t see myself having a full Drunk Elephant routine considering the cost per product.
Stay tuned for my full review on each product coming soon!